Being a Doctor is a noble profession, who with completely advanced education and clinical training cares for your health. They prevent, diagnose, treat and cure diseases. In today’s times it is a necessity to have medical specialists around you. However, a doctor also needs various basic equipment to cure his patients and diagnose the cause of their sufferings. It is like a hand and glove situation where the medical specialists and the basic medical specialities go hand in hand in supporting each other and therefore save many lives. A doctor also goes through professional training to specialize in various fields like Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics to name a few. These medical specialists use various kinds of equipment to diagnose the disease of their patients and these equipment’s are very essential in the field of medicine.
Pathology: Pathology is a branch of medical speciality concerning the examination of tissues, cell and bodily fluids for determining the cause and nature of diseases. Pathologists enable medical professionals to diagnose and treat patient flawlessly. Equipment’s used by pathologists are flow cytometer, spirometer, haemocytometer, manometer, trephine biopsy needle and a Ryle’s tube. Some of the equipment’s are explained below.
- Flow Cytometry - We use this innovative test to diagnose cancer and evaluate the risk of recurrence. It is a technology which is used to inspect the physical and chemical characteristics of particles in a fluid as it passes through at least one laser. The application of this laser based technology is to perform several procedures including cell counting, cell sorting, protein engineering and detection of biomarkers.
- Spirometer - There are various spirometer made by different companies but the main function of this device is to help diagnose various lung condition, most commonly chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Spirometer is a lung function test and looks at how well your lungs work it shows how well you in and out, breathing in and out can also be affected by lung disease.
Paediatrics: Paediatrics is a medical speciality that provides not only medical care but also manages physical, mental and emotional well-being of the infant, toddlers, children and adolescents. A paediatrician uses basically the same equipment as any other doctor such as stethoscope, thermometer, microscope etc; except that some of the equipment designed with its use for child in mind. These equipment are :
- Infant Incubators - Infant incubator is used for those infant who born premature because these infants often can’t keep themselves warm without help so they are placed inside incubator. These incubators protect infants from noise, light and infection.
- Baby Scale - There are various kinds of scales to examine your baby health. Digital baby scale helps to measure the weight accurately and another scale is used to measure the height of baby and a comparison is made to a standard growth chart to determine whether the growth of child is normal.
- Sphygmomanometer - It is use to check your baby’s blood pressure. This equipment with a cuff that is attached to a monitor gives automatic digital readouts.
Cardiology: Medical speciality deals with heart related disorder is known as cardiology. Cardiologists diagnose and treat heart disease such as congenital heart defect, heart failure and valvular heart disease. Equipment used to diagnose heart related disease are:
- Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging(CMR) - This medical equipment allow cardiologist to know about the mechanical functions of the heart. Detailed pictures of your tissues and organ are created with the use of this equipment; which is safe and non-invasive test in which no surgery is done and no instruments are inserted into your body.
- ECG - ECG stands for electrocardiography is the recording of the electrical activity of heart.
Gynecology: A medical science that deals with the diseases and routine physical care of the reproductive system of women.
- Maternity Bed - Also known as birthing bed are developed to ensure that women have the best possible birthing experience.
- Ayre’s spatula - This instrument is disposable and made of wood so that cells can adhere to its porous surface.
Radiology: A radiologist is a specialist medical doctor who uses imaging in diagnosing and treating injuries and disease. A radiologist uses various equipment such as X-ray, ultrasound and positron emission tomography.
- Ultrasound Scan - It is a very commonly used painless test which uses sound waves to create images of organs inside your body. Ultrasound thought to be harmless as it uses sound waves instead of radiations.
Neurosurgery: Neurology is a branch of medicine that is concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of disease which infect any part of the nervous system including brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. Equipment used by neurosurgeon are pneumatic bone punch and operating knives.
- Pneumatic Bone Punch - This very precise and efficient punch enables cut bone with no effort. It saves time and with the help of this instrument it is very easy to perform a lumbar fusion where you have to cut a significant amount of bone material.
GPC Medical Limited is a pioneer in manufacturing these devices. Our products give accurate results and have long term durability with efficient after sales service for the sales in India.